Hasselblad launches the H5D!!
I totally did not see this coming. The H4D was already an excellent digital medium format camera system over its competitors and I see little reason to reason a new model.
I was wrong.
Here’s the press info.
A Hasselblad camera is not a reward for having achieved a successful career. A Hasselblad camera is the tool with which you build your successful career to begin with.
There is never any time like the present to start building for the future. And if you think 35mm is good enough for this stage of your career, then you’d better hope that your clients are also willing to settle for “good enough”. The best clients, however, are almost never willing to settle for “good enough”. And why should they, when there are photographers out there who can provide the best? And providing the best is what Hasselblad and the new H5D are all about.
The next step in the evolution of the world renowned Hasselblad H System, the Hasselblad H5D provides a powerful addition to any photographer’s toolbox and provides you with the competitive edge you need in today’s crowded marketplace. The H5D features Hasselblad’s legendary image quality, a new stylish and more compact design, an updated lens line, new electronics, improved AF precision and speed, increased stability and performance, a new Macro Converter accessory, the new HCD 4.8/24 mm lens, and a range of other new camera functions and improved features, including:
• New compressed RAW files for faster and smoother workflow
• Even better focus correction with True Focus II
• Print-ready JPEG mode for quick preview and printing
• New Camera Configurator
• New improved grip surface
• Larger and more ergonomic buttons
• Larger, easier to read display style
• New menu and graphics design
• New programmable buttons
• New and improved weather sealing
• New, more durable eye cup
• New sensor unit safety lock
• New and faster processors for more rapid internal communication
• Support for new capture modes
• New and more accurate focus algorithms
• New motor drive algorithms
The only feature that I am really interested in, will be the improved True Focus II and focus algorithms. The rest of the enhancements are trivial at best.
Oh and there’s an interesting addition to the lens family, the HC 24mm f/4.8. I can already hear someone from Dubai drooling about it now.
More info on the official H5D website.
No related posts.